8.00 - Departure from Chernivtsi to Chortkiv town, Ternopil region.
Please arrive 15 minutes earlier at - Central Square, 10 to ensure schedule met.
Chortkiv town. Church of St. Stanislaus Dominican monastery. Wooden church of the Assumption (1583). Church of the Ascension (1630). Old Town Hall. Holsky family Castle (1610).
Departure to Yazlovets village, Buchach district, Ternopil region. Castle. Armenian church.
Moving along on our tour we will visit Rusyliv village, where we will visit the longest cascade of waterfalls in Ukraine - Rusyliv Falls.
16.00 - Transfer to the town of Buchach where we will take our lunch.
This town has a 400-years-old Linden tree. Linden tea is a popular drink in Ukraine. Buchach is famous for its architecture, especially its defensive-fortification.
Then we’ll walk to the village of Rukomysh, and examine the rock cave monastery of Saint Onufriy used since the first half of the 18th century. In most of the caverns are altars of St. Onuphriuy icons. You’ll see the great work of art - Pinsel sculpture of Saint Onuphriuy. You can collect spring drinking water for your refreshment.
Further along the route is the village of Pidzamochok.
20.00 - Return to Chernivtsi.
Tour cost: 350 UAH / Person.
THE PRICE INCLUDES: transfers, tour guide and travel insurance
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE: meals and entrance admission fees (where applicable, see below).
Admission fees (Per person): Yazlovets Castle: Adult 10 UAH; Children - 5 UAH.
Description of objects:
1.Chortkiv town. The town’s name is thought to be associated with the malicious devil (Chernobog -Dark God), the other legend comes from the first settler Mr Chorni (Black), or Devil's Valley, which was a common name to describe the region on the emergence of the settlement. There is also another hypothesis about the origin of the name; Chartkovskoho Pole - a tycoon who owned the original land.
Chortkiv has many elaborate and famous architectural monuments, including the following:
• Church of St. Stanislaus Dominican monastery (Rynok Sq.). This is the grandest building in town and its magnificent spire is visible from many points of Chortkiv.
• Wooden church of the Assumption (1583). This is one of the oldest buildings in Chortkiv. The iconostasis originates from the 18th century. This is one of the oldest buildings in Chortkiv. The iconostasis is a wooden screen with icons of 12 apostles. The priest conducts the service behind this, which represents the gates and kingdom of heaven.
• Church of the Ascension (1630). This is an great example of Podilla region folk architecture.
• Old Town Hall - probably the most beautiful in the area and is unique to Ukraine with its wooden half-timbered towers.
• Holsky family Castle (1610), listed in the "Castles of Ternopil region" in 2010
2. Yazlovets village. This village is famous primarily for its castle, since the 15th century. It is located on a hill, surrounded on three sides by the Olhovets river. In 1448 Theodore Buchatskiy built the castle yard and constructed the rectangular tower. In 1643, the castle became the property of Stanislaw Koniecpolski - the great crown hetman (General). Stanislav, with his son Alexander in 1747 made additions to the castle wings, which used the defensive walls of the fortress and turned the castle into a palace. Near the palace a large park was formed, and is preserved to this day.
St. Nicholas Church - the oldest preserved building of the former city Yazlovets. Errected in 1551. It was formerly an Armenian church (Nikoghayos church). Today it serves as the parish church.
3. Rusyliv village This is a natural monument of regional importance. Total length of Rusyliv stream is about 3 km, it has 15 waterfalls in height from 1.5 to 12 meters and a width of 10-15 meters, forming a large stage, a total length of which is about 1 km. The beauty of the waterfalls are complemented by the cherry-red and blue-green layers of rocks on the slopes of the canyon-valley stream, overgrown by shrub and herbaceous vegetation. You will also see hanging porous rocks (limestone tuffs) Where there are fossilized leaves and some animal bones, that reminds us of the past.
4. Buchach. Here we see:
• Buchach Castle - a monument of architecture of nationwide importance
• Buchach Basilian Fathers Monastery of Exaltation of the Holy Cross, located on the Theodore mountain in Buchach. It was established on December 7, 1712 on the basis of documents by magnate Stephen-Alexander Pototsky, which was published in Lublin.
• Buchach City Hall with statues by J. Pinsel (Galician sculptor mid-18th century, a representative of late baroque and rococo styles). It is a unique architectural monument of the mid-18th century.
5. Pidzamochok. You will browse castle ruins and its fortifications, which is an architectural monument of national importance, listed in the National register "Castles of Ternopil region". It was founded in 1600 and funded with the assistance of the Jan-Krzysztof Buchatsky-Tvorovsky or "John Zbozhny", the owner of Buchach town and surrounding villages, as evidenced by the preserved inscription above the main entrance gate. The town coats of arms are also the founders of this castle.
Copyright © 2011-2018 Chernivtsi. All rights reserved. Chernivtsi Excursion Office. Chernivtsi. 10 Central Sq., (095) 86-17-601, (063) 92-69-558, (068) 040-18-18, (0372) 909-220.